April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
The month of April has been designated Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) in the United States. The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence.
There are many ways you can get involved:
- Go HERE for a list of programs and events happening on campus and in the community
Attend Take Back the Night on Tuesday, April 30th at 6 PM on the UC Davis East Quad. For more information, click HERE.
- Participate in Denim Day on Wednesday, April 24th. Raise awareness & dispel myths about rape. For more information, click HERE.
- Consider changing your email signature or updating your Facebook page to include a quote regarding SAAM. Go HERE for examples of email signatures & Facebook posts.
- Check out the How to be Sexcessful Guide - a fantastic resource that promotes healthy sexual communication. For a PDF of the guide, click HERE.
- Schedule a presentation or training for your department, class, organization, team, etc. For more information regarding trainings and educational programs call 530-752-3299.
- Consider donating, fundraising or volunteering for your local, community rape crisis agency. For more information on your local agency click HERE.